Is this red stuff Cyanobacteria or Dino’s?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Will it be ok to do the water change? Or should I hold off for a bit?
You can if necessary
Continue to add bacteria during the day

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...my treatment was abruptly stopped on Wed! That evening the power flickered off and on twice. It seemed everything on the tank turned back on right before lights out. Wasn't until after noon on Thur when I get home from work I noticed the powerheads weren't on. The controller was plugged into a GFCI outlet that had tripped. I have very little flow going through the sump so I'm assuming everything was starved of oxygen. The tank was cloudy and the place stunk! Between Thur afternoon and Sat morning I did 4 water changes. I lost 7 of the 9 fish and a couple of corals. :loudly-crying-face: The favia in the pic has some missing flesh so not sure if it'll make it. With the cyano on the sand it was pink...Thur afternoon the sand was brown. I'm guessing the low oxygen killed it off too. The first two water changes I vacuumed the sand. Here it is as of this morning. Some of the corals are still irritated but most were back open by Friday. The controller is now plugged into my UPS!
PXL_20240204_165924294.MP.jpg

PXL_20240204_165931816.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back