Is this suitable size for a seahorse pair?

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I already know the answer but wanted to get the opinions of people with a little more experience. I’ve had the itch to setup another tank doing something more unique. I stumbled across the Fiji cube 20 gallon cube which has an 18”x14” display, give it take .5”. The plan would be to stock it with gorgs and other softies and put a pair of Kuda or Reidi seahorses in it with one or two other docile fish. I’m just worried the tank might be too small but wanted to hear some thoughts

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think I already know the answer but wanted to get the opinions of people with a little more experience. I’ve had the itch to setup another tank doing something more unique. I stumbled across the Fiji cube 20 gallon cube which has an 18”x14” display, give it take .5”. The plan would be to stock it with gorgs and other softies and put a pair of Kuda or Reidi seahorses in it with one or two other docile fish. I’m just worried the tank might be too small but wanted to hear some thoughts
Should work. Assure very moderate flow and moderate light

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you familiar with hang on fuges? I was also thinking of doing a sump design instead for more swimming room and easier ability to set up a fuge
Yes, they are not too large, and will not be enough to maintain a stable pod pop without supplementation. It may be easier to not use an AIO if setting up a sump

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they are not too large, and will not be enough to maintain a stable pod pop without supplementation. It may be easier to not use an AIO if setting up a sump
That would be the plan. I did a little research last night trying to find a tank that would fit on the stand

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My erectus seahorses never hunted pods. They were too small for them to bother using the energy to hunt them. They would hunt ghost/grass shrimp and I always liked to have a small tank with the shrimp in it to supplement the seahorses' diet.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of setting up my 1st Sh tank after 5+ years of wanting to do one.

I went with a RS Xl 300 =80 gal. total volume 36x 22x20
Sh are messy eaters and need a big skimmer and other filtration.

Back