Is This Too Big?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
12,342
Reaction score
25,559
Location
Sayreville, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been meaning to switch out the MAG 9.5 return pump I have for a DC pump. I was fortunate enough to win a DC pump at NJ-RAP (I know it was listed as NY, but it was in NJ). I put the ticket in just seeing "DC Pump," and didn't take note of the specs. It was a DeepWater DC10.

THIS THING IS BIG.....in size and amount of water it pumps. Here it is next to a MAG 9.5.







And the specs state that this pumps 2650 gph. I know it has six pump speeds, but do you think this is too big? Should I look for a smaller pump? From current 950 gph to 2650 gph.
 
We run a 1320gph dc pump on our 40b I've got it set at 3 n it's great it has overflow running pretty quietly. If you have the room for it you can always try it out n see how it works for you. I love the feed mode option and the slow ramp up when it starts.
 
NJ-RAP (I know it was listed as NY, but it was in NJ).

Thank You! As a fellow Jersey boy, it always bugs me when things that are clearly in Jersey get labeled as NY. The Giants and the Jets, the Statue of Liberty, and now RAP! It's enough to make one feel like a second class citizen!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new