Is this too deep for my first reef tank?

josh88997766

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2025
Messages
172
Reaction score
51
Location
franklin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just wanted to know if this is a deep sandbed I don’t wanna deal with a deep sandbed after hearing a bunch of horror stories (10g tank if that’s important)

image.jpg
 
i just wanted to know if this is a deep sandbed I don’t wanna deal with a deep sandbed after hearing a bunch of horror stories (10g tank if that’s important)

image.jpg
This is a very normal sand bed depth. If anything, it might be shallow by the looks of it.
 
i just wanted to know if this is a deep sandbed I don’t wanna deal with a deep sandbed after hearing a bunch of horror stories (10g tank if that’s important)

image.jpg
No, DSB's are usually more than 4-6 inches deep.
 
i just wanted to know if this is a deep sandbed I don’t wanna deal with a deep sandbed after hearing a bunch of horror stories (10g tank if that’s important)

image.jpg
Looks normal to me!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new