Is this too much flow?

Fishcrisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing a water change and noticed the flow on my tank,i feel like my tank has too much flow or is the flow okay?

Attachments

• 20200806_185613.mp4
    25.7 MB
OP
OP
F

Fishcrisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a pic

20200806_190705.jpg

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a pic

20200806_190705.jpg
based on the coral, looks to me like there is too much direct flow going on. try installing the powerhead on the back wall facing the front glass as close to the surface as possible. if you can adjust the flow, i would lower it. you might also have to push a couple of those frags on the sb back a little if you do decide to place it on the back wall.

OP
OP
F

Fishcrisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
based on the coral, looks to me like there is too much direct flow going on. try installing the powerhead on the back wall facing the front glass as close to the surface as possible. if you can adjust the flow, i would lower it. you might also have to push a couple of those frags on the sb back a little if you do decide to place it on the back wall.
Should i buy another powerhead? Im using MP10.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what corals type!

SPS coral is usually found in swallow water and likes higher flow.

LPS coral is usually deeper water and likes a gentler flow.

A mixed reef is a puking MIGRAINE in a glass box .... where you have to use powerheads to appease all the coral types.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i

it’s not too much flow, it’s too much direct flow. you’re fine, just move it around until you see better poly extension

What makes you think there is too much flow (of any type)? Just based on the closed nature of the corals? That could also be caused by too much light intensity (or a multitude of other things). Easy enough to test out there, turn the MP off and see what happens.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back