Is this too much stock??

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have been working on a build recently and need a little advice on if maybe, fish and coral wise, I need to put a haul in things and let them fill in. I am rather new to REEFING so I don't really have experience with coral growth and how fast things will get stuff in the aquarium. Im to the point I'm feeling cornered as far as considering growth in future of the current live stock. If anyone with some knowledge of time and growth could chime in would be great. I have included a few pics as well.

Tank: Marineland 75g w HOB Marineland PF 800 overflow

Sump: Icecap 24 holding Brightwell Aquatics XPORT BioPlate infused with MicroBactr7

Lighting: Helios T5 HO 54x2 running ATI Blue+ and Coral+ bulbs
Current USA Dual IC PRO 48" LEDs

Filtration: Kilr DI-4 filter roller
Marineland BioWheel 350
Innovative Marine Desktop reactor w Carbon
PhosBan 150 reactor w PhosBan

Flow: Hygger 1350 gph dc return pump
Current USA EFLUX 2100gph & 1000 gph wavemakers

LIVESTOCK

135LBS Primo Live Rock from Liverocknreef.com

3 Snowflake Clowns
1 Gladiator Clown
1 Purple Pseudo
Powder Blue Tang
Yellow Foxface Rabbitfish
2 Fiji Damsels
2 Green Chromis
Diamond Gobie
Blue Spotted Watchman Gobie
PAIRED with Bullseye Pistol
30+ CUC
6 Peppermint Shrimp
3 Emerald Crabs
Xenia coral
Strawberry Shortcake Acro
Purple Jade Bonsai Acro
Stellar Stylo
Purple Stylo
ACI Forrest Fire Monti
Fiji Yellow Toadstool
Grape Coral
Branching Hammer
Green Star Polyps
Dragon Soul Favia
Green Pipe Organ coral
Purple Knobby Gorgian
Grube Gorgian

Supplements: Hygger 4 pump dosing system
ESV CAL, ALK, MAG, Red Sea NOPX

Stable Parameters: pH 8.2 Alk 9 Mag 1400 Nitrate apprx 3-5 ppm Phos .1

20210206_122335.jpg 20210113_162223.jpg

OP
OP
Mterry9239

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Jusy trying to learn this reefing. My concern is I'm addicted to buying and going to overstock and have issues. Like I said not too educated on how quickly things grow or how big.

OP
OP
Mterry9239

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I know its an odd lighting combo especially with the T5 in the middle with LED on the either side. I'm upgrading to AquaticLife T5 Hybrid next week as I have been told that this isn't enough lighting to grow sps. ( which really is my addiction )

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A tip of advice would to put a black background on the back glass to hid the plumbing for a nice clean look.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you should use the 75 as a sump and get a 200. Along with a t5 hybrid stacked with kessils

OP
OP
Mterry9239

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 200 would be great!!!! Maybe I will quit spending for a bit and get one with all I have saved Great idea. And @ The Camaro Show, I just recently put a blue one on there. Its in the first pic which is most recent. Thats why I chose blue as its hardly noticed and seems to brighten by the eye.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how it looks, everyone says tangs should be in a huge tank and that might be too many fosh but honestly I’ve had both and even in huge tanks fosh get bullied. To be honest in my experience and from what I see the people who cramp the tank with fish seem to have less aggression.

Ribo15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think the tank will be too small very long term for the larger fish. A PB tang needs more than the 4’ space. A fox face also needs something more than that. Can get away with just the 75 gallon for a while but will need a plan.

OP
OP
Mterry9239

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only fish the Tang has any issue with is the Diamond goby and that is only at feeding time as he and foxface get about a 2inx2in piece of seaweed and the goby loves it as well. The tangs circles as they eat and when he isn't looking that diamond swoops in tears a piece off and takes off to his hole Its so great to watch!!!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not such much territory as it is room to swim I've been told.

OP
OP
Mterry9239

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think the tank will be too small very long term for the larger fish. A PB tang needs more than the 4’ space. A fox face also needs something more than that. Can get away with just the 75 gallon for a while but will need a plan.
Thanks. I have been trying to plan but seems as its something all the time A 150-200 is my next plan as everything I have bought so far will be able to be used for the upgrade and is rated for 150g. I run most things half throttle hoping it will increase longevity.

Ribo15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a good chance as the fish grow and mature there temperaments will change and this is where the extra space will be needed so they have room to “sort out” their issues. In a smaller tank where territorial tangs can’t get away from each other that’s when you’ll start to have problems. When they are small they don’t usually care as much about being the alpha fish. And some may never but there’s a good chance that as they grow you’ll need to address problems. That’s aside from the swimming room a 7”+ fish needs. Assuming you’re going to keep them for years.

OP
OP
Mterry9239

Mterry9239

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I plan on sticking with this as I am enjoying it way too much. I'm sure my wife hates that idea but oh well lol. Many here can agree to that! But yes I plan on upgrading in about a year or so. Maybe I won't run into the aggression so much. My first tank I bought was a 105g, used, big mistake. The bottom seal popped after 2 months so I had to get this one on the fly.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A 200 would be great!!!! Maybe I will quit spending for a bit and get one with all I have saved Great idea. And @ The Camaro Show, I just recently put a blue one on there. Its in the first pic which is most recent. Thats why I chose blue as its hardly noticed and seems to brighten by the eye.
Perfect brother!

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start getting a larger tank together . You have alot of rock in a 75 I have120 pounds in a 125 . 125 is what the smallest tank should be for most tangs. But I did keep a sailfin in a 65 tall for a couple years then upgraded to the 125.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back