Is this zoa dead?

412Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2026
Messages
47
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have 2 zoa frags one is doing great and opening everyday. I woke up yesterday morning and saw it was flipped over in the sand. I placed it back on the rock but it hasn’t opened back up and just looks like this. It’s normally bright blue and yellow.

Thank you!
20260930_152050_BF1565FD-07E2-4ECE-9B10-EFEC10A54653.png


20260930_152050_0768F58E-58BC-4D03-93CE-677BB662A853.png
 
Awesome anything I should do or just let it be?
I would just let it be for now but just keep an eye on it for any signs of "melting" which is when the colony starts to die off and separate. I'm sure it will be fine, my hermit crabs have dumped my zoa mini colonies in the sand all the time
 
I don't think one night face down would kill it. I have snails knocking down frags constantly. Two days ago I dropped a big rock on some Gonies. They'll recover almost every time.
 
Never give up on a zoa. I had a frag plug fall into the sand but didn’t see it. Weeks later I saw some color and pulled it out and now they are going wild where I reattached them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new