Is weld on 704 the same as Weld on 4?

Joshua Sassaman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered weld on 4 for my DIY frag tank made out of acrylic, but it is going to take so long to arrive. I found at a local hardware store a similar product and wanted to know if this really is the same thing as weld on 4, but packaged differently, it's called weld on 704 and if its safe to use to cement my tank.
According to the reviews on Amazon, people would get that product instead or as a replacement when they ordered weld on 4.
Thank you

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered weld on 4 for my DIY frag tank made out of acrylic, but it is going to take so long to arrive. I found at a local hardware store a similar product and wanted to know if this really is the same thing as weld on 4, but packaged differently, it's called weld on 704 and if its safe to use to cement my tank.
According to the reviews on Amazon, people would get that product instead or as a replacement when they ordered weld on 4.
Thank you

704 is a PVC cement. Don’t use it to join acrylic.

Weld-On doesn’t have a “4” solvent. SciGrip sells a compatible solvent under the 4 moniker.

I personally use this solvent:
https://www.acrylite.co/solvent-based-cement-pure-sample-kit-1s-0117.html

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back