Is xenia like gsp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Amstar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2020
Messages
827
Reaction score
483
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If I have xenia on an “island” will it be like gsp and not spread?
 
Ughhh ok thanks - fear of it taking over my tank . To the sump it goes
 
i tried the island thing. then xenia decided to break off and go all over covering my nano tank from glass to on top of my zoa.
 
I have kept Xenia for the past 15 years. I have to cut it back regularly because it does spread rapidly. I have had it break off and propagate elsewhere in the tank so be careful, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't believe any coral spreads fast enough to not be able to crop it back with relatively little effort.
 
Ughhh ok thanks - fear of it taking over my tank . To the sump it goes
I wouldn't trust it in the sump either, xenia always finds a way to where you don't want it. That being said I don't believe that any corals are pests, even the fastest growing corals don't grow all that fast and can be easily managed
 
How do you cut it back? Inside the tank or outside? You just trim it at the base of the stalk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new