OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, this is turning into a major headache. Talking to a couple piano movers and even they’re surprised it was delivered in this way. Also, telling me that its an issue since the drive way is on a slope you can only move the crates back deeper into the garage then use a Material lift, or more likely a pallet lift to get the top crate off the bottom crate.

Here’s the weights and dimensions from Algaebarn:

—-
In regards to the sizing of the crates the dimensions and weight will be as follows:

Tank (w/ crate) dimensions: 75x36x35
Tank (w/ crate) weight: ~644 lbs

Stand (w/ crate) dimensions: 75x36x48
Stand (w/ crate) weight: ~512 lbs

——

I did speak with several movers, as well as Age of Aquariums, an LFS out here is Southern California. AoA is going to get back to me Monday with a quote.

Lessson for anyone purchasing a large CADE from @AlgaeBarn —- have them separate the pallets before shipping, because literally none of this would be an issue if they just did that. Or, purchase through your local LFS or Aquarium service company because then they would at least handle these issues.

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update:

I was able to round up some neighbor muscle and with 2x4s on edge was able to lift the top crate up and move laterally to set it down on the main side of the garage. So we had 4 people lifting and one person lining up concrete blocks for us to rest the top crate onto.

Worked out, with wife permission to use up the large side of the garage…

3CC60122-843B-447F-B77B-72EA75ADDE81.jpeg

Still wish it wasn’t shipped like this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to start the process of shutting down this build thread. The tank's inhabitants have outgrown this environment. I really like this setup, so much so that I'm even tempted to plumb the two together but I doubt I really want to do that.

IMG_2831(1).jpg

I'll put a link here for the new build thread hopefully this weekend. I have a few things I need to do to the Cade 1500 before I can truly shut down my current tank.

IMG_2826(1).JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back