OP
OP
ChelseaBidwell

ChelseaBidwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I don't have a clean up crew anymore lol. Even though rarely, they can bring in nasty things. Had a cleaner shrimp that brought in flatworms.
Oh no! I thought inverts were pretty safe as far as parisites go? But I guess there are those few exceptions. We got them with our Clean Up Crew about 2 months ago (assuming he had the iso at the time) along with a cleaner shrimp, 2 emeralds, an arrow crab- he is AWESOME btw, a few nassarius/cerith snails, a blue leg hermit, and a scarlet hermit (he ate my hammer - was banished to the fuge). We got a brittle sea star too, but he doesn't do much lol. I think that's about all we're gonna have as far as inverts go.

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I will ever have a clean up crew ever again, my new 100 gallon has zero inverts beside some feeder shrimp that my pencil wrasse eats. My fish like to munch on inverts a bit anyways and my tank is pretty much algae free.

You still have to qt inverts as ich can latch on to their shell or carapace as a substrate during their tomont stage.

The only inverts I might consider one day are tuxedo or some fancy pincushion urchins. Hopefully my harley don't eat them if I do choose to put them in. But at least I know they are least likely to bring something in as long they don't have anything on their back.

Last edited:

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to bump this thread in case there is anyone else out there that runs across this issue. I did some research and this is a bopyrid isopod. A parasite specific to shrimp.
Screenshot_20191110-194813_Chrome.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back