Isopods?

.Haliax.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grabbed a quick pic of these guys before I had to run out the door to work this morning. A little research tells me they’re isopods, but does the tiny size/grouping like this indicate that they’re good/bad isopods? I’m assuming they’re the good kind.
Thanks for any input.
B870F9A5-5D1A-46DF-A3A2-E12F93E045ED.jpeg

9306B867-AE35-4B47-8E43-FE5F0D4FEC55.jpeg

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Munnid isopods, probably, and I don't know of anything bad being attributed to them. I've seen some population explosions of them before and while they do have the creepy-crawly factor, they haven't harmed anything. Wonder if the congregation of them here was food, spawning, or something else - I at least don't remember them clustering together so much.

OP
OP
.Haliax.

.Haliax.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Munnid isopods, probably, and I don't know of anything bad being attributed to them. I've seen some population explosions of them before and while they do have the creepy-crawly factor, they haven't harmed anything. Wonder if the congregation of them here was food, spawning, or something else - I at least don't remember them clustering together so much.
Thanks, I think you’re right.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@.Haliax. I agree with @DaJMasta and you might be noticing them more if you are starting to get more of a film or any nuisance algae on your glass.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back