Isopropyl Alcohol evaporation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lavoisier
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2015
Messages
1,364
Reaction score
7,379
Location
Overland Park, KS
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How quickly will 70% Isopropyl evaporate? I culture brine shrimp and use a "prep pad" to wipe down a conical hatchery and air tube after each harvest. How long should I wait before adding water and shrimp eggs to the hatchery or can I just use the "sniff" test?
 
I've noticed iso leaves a smell and residue behind and always rinse again with rodi to remove.
 
Isopropyl alcohol has a low surface tension and will evaporate fairly quickly.
Quicker than water.
 
But it also leaves a residue similar to water spots. That's why I rinse and dry with clean towels. I use 99% iso as it's just as cheap
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new