Issue keeping ph and calcium stable

spencerfe2010

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
5
Location
Las Cruces, Nm
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I have a 240g 5 months old water parameters are all good. The only issue I am having is keeping my 8.0-8.4 ph, it usually drops daily to 7.89 and hovers there. I dose alk 4 times a day at 200ml total daily. I can’t keep it to stay at above an 8. Calcium I dose 75ml a day and it constantly goes from 550 to Calcium 350… it won’t stay above 350. I do 15-20% water changes every Sunday i have a auto top off that does 10gallons weekly….. . I have carbon media going daily, a uv filter with low flow, 2 filter sock, and my Red Sea 900 skimmer.
I honestly can’t figure it out. Just constantly drops every single day!
 
What are you dosing? 2 Part? Do you dose nitrates? Have you tried running an airline outside through your skimmer?
 
Sounds like you have some testing and/or precipitation issues. No reason calc would be dripping 550 to 350 a day. Are you dosing alk/calc at the same time? What product are you dosing 200ml and 75ml of?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new