Issues with Foxface

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dipped. No visible signs of parasites. Going to watch for any signs of infection or similar issues. I think I’m just paranoid.
Nothing wrong with being paranoid. Rabbitfish are just weird sometimes. My current gold spot sometimes darkens in color for days at a time. She will still eat like a pig, but goes very secretive and hides outside of feedings. Then randomly she will be active and swim for days at a time, then back to the hiding!

I recently put in a new bicolor foxface, so she's interested in following the little guy around as of late (she was sharing the tank with a Foxface Lo previously).

Im leaning towards the usual weirdness in your case @ this point! If it was flukes, watch for the feeding instinct, they wont eat if blind. I went through it a few months ago, poor gold spot was almost blind and the Foxface Lo went blind and died before I realized it was flukes...

OP
OP
BanjoBandito

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with being paranoid. Rabbitfish are just weird sometimes. My current gold spot sometimes darkens in color for days at a time. She will still eat like a pig, but goes very secretive and hides outside of feedings. Then randomly she will be active and swim for days at a time, then back to the hiding!

I recently put in a new bicolor foxface, so she's interested in following the little guy around as of late (she was sharing the tank with a Foxface Lo previously).

Im leaning towards the usual weirdness in your case @ this point! If it was flukes, watch for the feeding instinct, they wont eat if blind. I went through it a few months ago, poor gold spot was almost blind and the Foxface Lo went blind and died before I realized it was flukes...
Yeah it’s the whole behavior thing that threw me off….I’ve got some busy body maintence stuff I need to do like scrape the algae scrubber, suck out some gunk, change a little water, fiddle with a coral kinda stuff that I’ve been putting off because I didn’t want to stress the fish out.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back