Issues with MARS 3ft LED

BRIGGZY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
I recently bought a tank and all was well, however yesterday half of the light on the left hand side was not as bright, almost off (blue light all work as normal both sides) I then noticed the far left fan was off. I’m assuming the lights does not go full strength if a fan has stopped? Or maybe there is a power issue?
Any advice would be appreciated

F5E6BCB1-360E-4AAF-95BB-A0BDDDB4DD74.jpeg F3E1D9A5-C9AA-45BC-B6D1-5BD9E69AF4BE.jpeg 861BBEEC-1506-4A82-9B22-663B97B3B476.jpeg

Little_Red_Ryan_Hood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how to help but I am going to follow along because I have the smaller version of these lights.
I don't like the fans that come with Mars Aqua so I change them out with a more reputable brand.
I am not sure if they make it for the larger light, but SB reef lights makes LED light boards that fit in the Mars Aqua. In my opinion they have a better color spectrum.

Little_Red_Ryan_Hood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't have one. They rely on the fans to keep the board cool. The SB reef lights board is thicker and is supposed to help with cooling, but I am not sure it makes any difference.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably do not want to hear this, but these are built & made to toss and replace. I am sure that you can probably fix it, but the cost might be more than a new one... and who knows how long it will last once you do since other stuff will have gotten hot also.

OP
OP
BRIGGZY

BRIGGZY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have resigned to the fact that the left side is probly stuffed, spoke to an electrician today and he said the leds on the left might be damaged with the fan not running, and buy the time I go to the effort of replacing, I could just buy a new one. Will use till it dies. Might buy some hang on back lights, has anyone used them? start with one, then add more once the current light dies

image.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 53 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back