Issues with Mobius and mp40

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two new mp40's for my tank and when pairing them in the Mobius app it would only recognize one of the controllers. I tried everything from uninstalling the app and reinstalling, restarting my phone, turning off/on the blutooth, unplugging the unit that was working and just trying to connect to the unit that wasn't working. Nothing seemed to work. I reached out to Mobius support and they responded with this. After following their instructions I put the unit back together and everything works fine now. Just thought I would put this here in case someone else had this issue in the future.

Mobius instructions:
Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine. To check if your RF Module is properly seated, please follow the steps below.

1. Disconnect the controller from power
  2. Remove the 3 screws from the back of the controller
  3. Slide off the knob and separate the two halves of the controller casing
  4. Remove the driver board from the controller
  5. In the top left corner of the driver, remove the RF Module that is raised off the driver board
  6. Power on the driver without the RF module. If it returns to normal operation, power down the unit again.
  7. Carefully line up the pins and put the RF Module back in place
  8. Close the driver casing and power the unit on

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back