Issues with prime hd settings!!

Kenyon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a single hd prime on my zoa dominated 10 gallon Lifegard nano. Tank dimensions are 18x11x11 and has been up and running for 5 months with a a lot of fast growing Zoas but I am currently running the AB+ settings at 25 percent without any whites because I like the heavy blues which is only 42% UV and Violet, 31% royal and blue, 3% green and deep red, and no whites!!! This seems very low to me but all my zoanthids seem to be getting more than enough light and all seem to be very flat against their plugs. I am wanting to add a clam but I know these settings are not producing enough par to sustain a maxima clam. I feel that I need to increase my schedule to at least 70 percent of the AB+ setting to sustain a clam but I feel this will cause my Zoas to melt. I am running a low nutrient system with heavy feeding and heavy skimming, carbon and a small amount of phosban. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_35AAF4C14E9F-1.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7334.HEIC.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 35

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am running a single hd prime on my zoa dominated 10 gallon Lifegard nano. Tank dimensions are 18x11x11 and has been up and running for 5 months with a a lot of fast growing Zoas but I am currently running the AB+ settings at 25 percent without any whites because I like the heavy blues which is only 42% UV and Violet, 31% royal and blue, 3% green and deep red, and no whites!!! This seems very low to me but all my zoanthids seem to be getting more than enough light and all seem to be very flat against their plugs. I am wanting to add a clam but I know these settings are not producing enough par to sustain a maxima clam. I feel that I need to increase my schedule to at least 70 percent of the AB+ setting to sustain a clam but I feel this will cause my Zoas to melt. I am running a low nutrient system with heavy feeding and heavy skimming, carbon and a small amount of phosban. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_35AAF4C14E9F-1.jpeg
The only way to tell the PAR is to get a PAR meter (rent? borrow from LFS?). That said. If you gradually increase the light over time (before you get the clam) - the zoas will not melt (in my experience). In fact I had a field of Zoas that grew from 1 into about 200 over a large rock that was at 400 PAR.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back