Issues with water change

Nelsons_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m kind of stuck. Not really sure what the issue is, every time I do a water Change all the corals close up for a couple days. I understand they might initially but this is for days every time. I use RODI water 0tds tank perimeters attached I know P04 is high but my tank seems to like it that way because if it gets low I have an outbreak of algae

99A69444-B01F-42A4-939B-DC48775025E8.jpeg

OP
OP
Nelsons_reef

Nelsons_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it has me stumped because everything is spot on and I haven’t changed anything first time in 7 years I’ve had this issue and it’s with both tank I have....maybe a bad batch of salt?

magicwhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Alk in your salt mix similar to the tank? Any fluctuation in your parameters before and after changes?

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it has me stumped because everything is spot on and I haven’t changed anything first time in 7 years I’ve had this issue and it’s with both tank I have....maybe a bad batch of salt?

I would buy a new bucket of salt and see if you have the same issue.
5 on 40 is barely more than 10%.

magicwhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of corals too? I know some of mine close when nitrates are low which yours seem to be.

How do you get the water in the tank too. Could just be strong flow from pouring hitting the corals and upsetting them. I used to have that problem in my smaller tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back