ITC PARwise Pro - Mitras 7206 with Coral Pop

  • Thread starter Thread starter Enea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Enea

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
19
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone,

I tried the ITC PAwise Pro in my tank.

On my 200-gallon tank (6.5 x 2.3 x 1.9)

I installed 5 Mitras 7206 with the Coral Pop LED upgrade. They are approx. 25 cm from the water surface.

Who can help me interpret the results?

Situation at the bottom of the tank:

Screenshot_20260218_130439_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20260218_130530_Chrome.jpg




Situation at the halfway of the tank:


Screenshot_20260218_130409_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20260218_130545_Chrome.jpg




Situation at the high the tank:
Screenshot_20260218_130347_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20260218_130608_Chrome.jpg



The measurements were taken at the center of the tank, halfway down the rock formation, and at the top of the rock formation.


Enea
 
So at the top in your tank you have 392 par, midway you have 308 par and the bottom comes in at 211 par. This seems like it would be good for most SPS at the top and maybe a bit to much for LPS at the bottom. Of course this will vary depending on the coral species and getting them acclimated.
 
So at the top in your tank you have 392 par, midway you have 308 par and the bottom comes in at 211 par. This seems like it would be good for most SPS at the top and maybe a bit to much for LPS at the bottom. Of course this will vary depending on the coral species and getting them acclimated.
And how can I reduce the PAR lower for the LPS? since I have Trachyphyllia, leaving the PARs at the top for the SPS
 
And how can I reduce the PAR lower for the LPS? since I have Trachyphyllia, leaving the PARs at the top for the SPS
You can try placing your lower par corals towards the edge of the light's spread. You'll need to measure par in those areas to be sure. You could also start off with a lower light output for the LPS and then try ramping things up for your SPS.

A mixed reef is a balancing act and more difficult to keep everything happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new