Its Been 15 Years... Time To Start Again

DocPorkChop

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
9
Location
VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been 15 years since I had a fish tank and its time to get back into it. My work causes me to travel every couple weeks so my goal is to design a system with Apex that will be able to hold up when I'm not around. Does the diagram I made look right?

My plan is to keep the back up return pump isloated and not in use unless I am away on travel. When I do leave I would open the T handles and then if something happened to my primary I could remotely turn on the back up. Would that work?

Fish Tank Idea.PNG
 
Welcome to R22!!!

For your backup return I would expect the back up runs into a T at the main return going to the tank? Picture looks like it keeps going?

Another option would be to run two return lines to the display and use both pumps simultaneously. You could use two variable speed pumps and if one failed turn the volume up on the other one to compensate.
 
Welcome to R22!!!

For your backup return I would expect the back up runs into a T at the main return going to the tank? Picture looks like it keeps going?

Another option would be to run two return lines to the display and use both pumps simultaneously. You could use two variable speed pumps and if one failed turn the volume up on the other one to compensate.

I was gonna make it a 4 way joint where the back up meets the main return line and then run the pipe back to the sump. That was I can hook up additional equipment later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new