It's coming... The Vectra M1 and Vectra L1 return pump by EcoTech Marine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want a peek at the Vectra M1?

Watch Ryan plumb the new Vectra into the Bulk Reef Supply 160gal. (Start seeing it around 16:00)

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally jealous of everyone that got onto the Product Test Team! Got into the hobby just a few months too late D: So going to try and sign up for the next one!

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain the difference between this and other DC return pumps? What makes this so special beside the ecotech marine branding.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain the difference between this and other DC return pumps? What makes this so special beside the ecotech marine branding.

The Vectra hasn't been "officially" released yet, so there may be a lot of features we aren't hearing about yet. But, from what I hear, the release should be coming very soon. Pretty exciting!

Stay tuned. I'll start a new thread after the release and we'll discuss any/all of the features. :)

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone was saying, I don't remember who, that they suspect a smaller motor is in the works too. They think the L and M stands for Large and Medium. So maybe there will be a S1 that isn't more than double the water run for my 40 gallon.

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Building a 600g with closed loop. Builder is thinking 2 outlets per L1 Vectra and needing 3 pumps ? We were hoping to have 3 out per pump ? Any recommendations to help us make a decision before drilling begins please ?

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a closed loop on my 360g tank and I'm running two L1's that flow thru ocean motion diverts. Each pump has 4 returns. If the vectras were available when I was planning out my tank I would have gone the route your builder is suggesting. I would probably have done 4 pumps with 2 outlets on each.

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a closed loop on my 360g tank and I'm running two L1's that flow thru ocean motion diverts. Each pump has 4 returns. If the vectras were available when I was planning out my tank I would have gone the route your builder is suggesting. I would probably have done 4 pumps with 2 outlets on each.
Ok. So what's your reason for saying 2 ? Is it purely the stronger flow your after ? We were thinking 3 for more random type flow ? Meaning 9 outlets in total with 3 Vectras. Or don't you think that will be sufficient. ? Our tank is very square shaped. 8 X 4 X 2.3.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with three outlets per pump you might see a significant decrease in flow velocity unless you put some type of penductor on each outlet. I think 8-9 outlets will be sufficient I just think you will have a better chance of achieving the flow you want with 4 vectras.

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with three outlets per pump you might see a significant decrease in flow velocity unless you put some type of penductor on each outlet. I think 8-9 outlets will be sufficient I just think you will have a better chance of achieving the flow you want with 4 vectras.
Thank you for your advice. First time doing closed loop, we have a 380g now but was talked out of using closed loop and have lots of power heads, its a peninsular too so very disappointed with the overall look. We were advised by the builder to use penductors , which we will, I suppose its stupid but were looking at running cost at the end of the day too.
Advice taken on board, thanks.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back