It's Handegg time in Tennessee!!!

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i401565_3849.jpg

Who else is excited for the "football" season?
What Vol games are you going to? We just got tickets for the Georgia game... crap they were expensive!

mkenochm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited for football to be here. I don't know how many VOL games we will make it to this year (we gave up our season passes), but I will make plenty of middle school games (my son plays) and a few Morristown West H.S. games. We try to go to a couple of TN Titan games each season too, so maybe that will be on the schedule.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope to hit the Ole Miss/Tenn game in Memphis:). Go Rebs:).

My neice is now in school at UTK. I guess I can't be as hard on the Vols, now (I'm originally from Tn, so I feel justified in talking crap:D). As Marky B used to say on Rock 103 in Memphis, Nothing sucks like a big orange:D.

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Football time around here stinks. I am constantly reminded I can't watch the teams I want to watch because I am in an SEC-hell-zone for TV programming.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Roll tide!!!!

digidana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GO VOLS! i plan on making most of the home games again...and i'd love to see an away game or two. and joining up with the quarterback club again.

hope crompton has gotten over his stage fright!

this should be a very interesting year...

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to go to at least two games... I'm thinking UCLA and maybe USC (gamecocks)... :)

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Football time around here stinks. I am constantly reminded I can't watch the teams I want to watch because I am in an SEC-hell-zone for TV programming.

Ole Miss gets about as much respect from TV as is their market size... In Montgomery, it's ALL Auburn and Alabama... We get lucky every once in a while and can catch one on DTV (for a price).

OP
OP
macclellan

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ole Miss gets about as much respect from TV as is their market size... In Montgomery, it's ALL Auburn and Alabama... We get lucky every once in a while and can catch one on DTV (for a price).

Is that still true after the SEC-CBS deal? My understanding is that all SEC games are televised on major networks (CBS has first choice, then ESPN, then ESPNU, then regional carrier like Raycom SEC, then local) with the exception of one PPV per team per year. I could be wrong though.

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure you're spot on Joel... I think our PPV game is either Ohio or Memphis...

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CBS connection will definitely make it easier to watch more games this year (unless they coincide with AU/UA, I'd bet). I'm hoping we'll be able to find more this year. I figure we'll be paying for them on DTV sine the games shown will still most likely not be Ole Miss in Montgomery (if they can't show AU or UA, they'd prefer to show Ga, Ga Tech and Fl over other SEC West teams). In Nashville, if a Titans games wasn't on TV, they ran home shopping network on Sunday's when we were there... Seemed really short sided, but seems to be consistent in some markets.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%

Back