It's the NOOPSYCHE BRIGHT IDEAS GIVEAWAY!!! Win great reef lights with your best ideas!!

Spongking1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thoughts for monthly contest I feel should be thread on best advice to dial in lighting.

When changing lights, show step by step your process to find the new norm for your tank. Whether via color, par, spectrum. This is something that will help ALL reefers given the point of this contest giveaway. How to dial them in. Do’s and dont’s

Spongking1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BONUS ENTRY. I’ve been part of noopsyche group for few months now. In particular to add to my point above John just posted some wild PAR readings for the pre programmed lps/sps modes. Super helpful for reefers.

Spongking1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also friends with a sponsored user of noops. He will be up and running with my dream setup in next few days. The noop with the reef brute xho addon. Can’t wait to go to his place to see my dream at work. Help solidify my move in lighting after this pandemic

Spongking1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another contest idea I think would be best tank with crappy lighting. Lol. Show success doesn’t need to be under a $900 radion. You can achieve goals within reason with resources at hand. Which only means you’ve really achieved something as reefer with success at min price point. Ya know, black box setups, white/blue switch top hob tanks for $20 from petco, under regular bulbs and CF’s. More primitive the better. See what’s out there and how crazy it can be. That’d be fun one.

Spongking1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think another idea would be best coral color change. Before coral color right after purchase. Then current once acclimated and loving new system.

Before and after. Show impact lighting has on coloration.

Spongking1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastly. I’d say perhaps a final idea one month for best gravel video/ post. Perhaps best post on why a reefer they know deserve new light. Almost an unsolicited thing. Humble reefer who may have buddy who thinks they deserve a new light and what it’d mean to them with everything that’s going on. Narrow down then run a poll for winner. Chosen in part by noop/r2r and us fellow reefers.

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entry: alk consumption report. Show alk trend before lighting and after adding the won light. Best way to show increased growth. Must show 3 months of alk trends to be eligible to win.

Ding2daDong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a battle royal but with AQUARIUMS! You enter to win with a picture of your aquarium and the top two contenders with the highest votes gets flown out to Las Vegas, MGM Grand obviously, and they go head to head in a boxing ring? Imagine reef tanks but with boxing gloves.

It's late and I'm losing it as you can tell. lol

Ding2daDong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about write a story about your favorite hobby, marine and reef aquariums for sure, of how you helped another aquarist either when they were starting out or when they were in need with an emergency or just did something kind. The person with the most "likes" from their story wins a prize.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry #1 my reefer 350 with noopsyche lighting and a diy T5 hybrid. Going to be upgraded in a couple of months and I will need 2-3 more lights ;)

6D48D412-27AA-4D73-95A0-5E27BE6ADC21.jpeg

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.5%
Back