OP
OP
ibondy

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ibondy I am having the same issue with my skimmer not restarting on its own. I have an eshopps S-120. It only restarts when I raise the skimmer so that air hits the venturi entrance.
If I may, I am a noobie, can you tell me what is the "rotor unit"? I'll try to see if replacing that would fix it. Thanks.
Rotor unit is the part which fits into your motor block, this part typically has an impeller which is spinning and pushing your water. Since I replaced mine, I have no issues.

OP
OP
ibondy

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, I was able to buy Neptune Trident. It should be here by end of the day. Can't wait to set it up and see what readings it will produce. I have some fluctuation in my ALK recently and will be nice to see 4 readings a day, automatically.

OP
OP
ibondy

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and first reading is here. Little less on ALK and CA, and little more on MG, from what I would expect, but let see over the next few days where numbers settle.

1569628668448.png

OP
OP
ibondy

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Nyos skimmer stopped drawing the air, after shutting down for feeding. Had to pull it out of the water to get it going again. Replaced bunch of parts under warranty and all was good for 5 weeks. Now, same issue is happening again and I am going through the process again. In the meantime, I bought a Red Sea RSK-600 skimmer and put it in the sump. So far I like it and it starts every time. :)
RSK-600 is a little bigger then Nyos, but nicely fits into sump. Collection cup is bigger as well, and has nice drain hose which I plugged into my skim container. Quality seems very good and hope it will run for a long time with no issues.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back