Jabeo CP55 / SCP150 Confusion - please help

Reef GE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Jebao wavemaker from Alibaba (I live overseas). at the time of the order I asked the company to make sure they sent me the updated version. Jabeo makes the Cp 55 and the SCP-150. even looking online, I wasn’t sure which one is the newest. I received my wave maker today, CP55, but then discover that it doesn’t have all the features on the control as the SCP-150. The electrical control is not as advanced and I can’t sync with other Jabeos in tank.

Am I correct to assume 150 is the newer version. Is it worth my time to try to return this (to China!) and insist on the newer version? Can I get the same effect with the 56 as the 150 by playing with controls?

I wanted the ability to have a random wave mode but my 55 doesn’t appear to give that option. Still haven’t put it in the tank in case I want to return it.

If you own one or both of the 55 or 150 please give me your evaluation... What would you do in my case? I already own another Jabeo that I wanted to sync with this one.

One option is to order another and just keep this as backup.

Final question: my tank is 150 cm by 48 cm with 67 height. This pump looks huge....! Too much? I think I may have to run this on low speed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back