Jack o Latern Lepto , only half is doing well?

Hanfam1111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, could someone who’s been successful with these help me. If you look at the pic only the top half has extended its tentacles. Should i move it more horizontal? The top two polyps are greening up and have extension. The bottom few not so much. The second pic is where he is located. This was before i placed the frag there but as you can see it’s a lot of reflective light but has some shading.
c69d3c55cb205c6cbf5f515d02a5bd7f.jpg

5b3682f7ce0c6af1179b67c1193dc84c.jpg

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience these corals seem to do well with low to moderate lighting and flow. That being said you might want to place the coral on your sand bed for a couple weeks and see how it responds.

Drew D.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought mine from lfs i was told the do pretty well in a slightly shaded area with moderate to low flow. That's where I put it on my tank and he's seems to be pretty happy

JonCollegeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine in moderate/high light and moderate flow (relative to the rest of my tank). It's about 5 inches down from where I keep my acros. I feel a flatter surface is important for encrusting type corals, yours may be shading itself. Also I feel they react to be taking out the water poorly. I have to keep fragging my hydnophora so it doesn't kill a monti and my Lepto is on the same rock. The lepto will expel some of it's zooxanthellae when I return the rock to the water.

OP
OP
H

Hanfam1111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. That may be it. I’ve had him 3 weeks used the Bayer Method and was white for the first 7 days, now it seems to be coming back somewhat. Here is a pic that may show better. The yellow lines is where one of my Hydra 26 is and the red lines are to demonstrate that these hang over the top of the Lepto .

OP
OP
H

Hanfam1111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. That may be it. I’ve had him 3 weeks used the Bayer Method and was white for the first 7 days, now it seems to be coming back somewhat. Here is a pic that may show better. The yellow lines is where one of my Hydra 26 is and the red lines are to demonstrate that these hang over the top of the Lepto .

bfaa38d42d8e82295c0baaa0127c7ef6.jpg

Back