Jaebo 10000 Flow?

• Thread starter member 99594
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

member 99594

View Badges
Hey all,

I have a quick question as to what I should set the flow to on this return pump. I have an 80 Gallon DT with about 30g sump vol.

I run a manifold with 2x two little fishes reactors (Carbon and GFO). How do I know when I have the return set to the best flow? I am also going to add a refuge reactor soon.

Cheers!!

Ian

Johnson556

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The return pump chamber in the sump wont run dry after turning it on.

If the pump is set too high and out competes the level of flow the drains can provide, the water level in that chamber will drop/eventually run dry.

OP
OP
M

member 99594

View Badges
The return pump chamber in the sump wont run dry after turning it on.

If the pump is set too high and out competes the level of flow the drains can provide, the water level in that chamber will drop/eventually run dry.

I don't understand. So should I keep turning it up until I start to notice the level come down in the return section?

OP
OP
M

member 99594

View Badges
What do you have the pump set at? You don't need a ton of flow through the sump

I have it set at 60% right now and it starts to drain the return section at about 66-70%

I was at 47% or so before and my phosban was not tumbling very well at all. Now it’s going great and I can back it off with the ball valve on the manifold.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back