OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
contest is good, atleast would should have a better turn out than (bring a coral for Mels microscope and look for bugs contest)

so what exactly is good water params, salinity=1.022-1.026, PH=7.8-8.3, ALK=7-11dKH, nitrates=0, amm=0, calc xx-450, potassium=?, Mag=1300-xx.... just some examples ive thrown out there, i believe this is how the contest should work.... for people bringing water samples, they are all tested, if the water sample falls within whatever range is specified for every test, that members name will go into a bucket and we will then draw for a prize. i could be wrong but i do not believe there is a way to say one individual has the best water as everyone runs there system at different levels, for example, some run their Alk at 7.5 DKH and others at 9, which one is better? they both are good.

please throw out other contest options, opinions, addtions, etc..... so we can wrap up how this will work....

Oh Yeah, if you fail any parameters, you will be shunned to the corner for remainder of meeting.... just kidding, your test results will be discussed and you will be sent home with homework on how to correct the issues. then maybe we can re test your water at the feb meeting and see the results....

ok, i think this is my longest (non sale) thread...

Your Hired, My work is done here, You guys may as well jump in with both feet and by the Swap you will be Pro's
Remember Elections need to be held in Feb or March, You Guys can decide that one....
Bill

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Jay's idea. Do it as a range of aforementioned parameters and if you are off of the ranges we will dunk you in a tank until you stop kicking....too harsh?

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought maybe you got the day off for some reason...I was hoping to hit you up on your mag testing skillz:nerd:

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturdays for me are almost impossible to get off of work. It always is the meetings that are close to home are on Sat too, lol... Speaking of Mag tests. I plan on calling Red Sea to see what they say about the Mag reading we are geting from their test and se what they are using as a standard test base.

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturdays for me are almost impossible to get off of work. It always is the meetings that are close to home are on Sat too, lol... Speaking of Mag tests. I plan on calling Red Sea to see what they say about the Mag reading we are geting from their test and se what they are using as a standard test base.
As per our conversation i will be awaiting your findings? As i am puzzled to say the least as they are not clear as to what the readings mean.
Bill

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might make it to this one since it is on a Saturday. If I do I my wife and two boys may come with me.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up the new fish trap from AC a few days ago. Anybody in need of catching a fish? I will bring it to the meeting.

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may get my kupang damsel out since I'm interested in getting the ORA tank raised mandarin. I hate to do it cuz it was my first fish, but he gotta go.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally have never had a fish that bothered a mandarin. I figured it was because of their toxic slime.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so I may have missed it but WHAT TIME? looks like im Gonna be able to come up. Can I bring a 3yo?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back