• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Jatin21 just ripped me off for $1150

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jatin21 ripped me.off.for 1150 everyone. Total thief, liar. He shipped me the a piece of coral that arrived with no water and won't take responsibility for it. He won't even give me half my Money back. We had an agreement he would have a LFS help him ship the coral and he clearly did not. He said it was my choice who to send it through and I said fed-ex and he sent it UPS anyways. He failed to seal the bag properly and the package showed up in a plastic bag from ups because it was leaking so badly. I called him whIle the ups driver was standing in front of me to tell him there was no way I was gona find a live coral in the box and of course, I did not. Now he won't return calls or texts. He tried to blame the ups company but the box is just fine. No damages. I'm going to pursue suing for breach of contract because I have all our communication on text and he failed to do what we agreed upon. How does someone rip someone off so bad and sleep at night? Any suggestions? I'm honestly not letting this go and intend to pursue any possible action necessary to make this person pay. Does anyone know of any rules or regulations in new Jersey regarding selling products without a licnese or shipping coral that he could be in violation of?

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160224_090821.jpg
20160224_090824.jpg
20160224_091105.jpg

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also now I find out he is a well known scammed on Manhatten reef club

And he tries to buy corals from members on r2r then after he receives your coral he contacts paypal to open a dispute in an endeavor to get the coral discounted or for free. He is a real piece of garbage. Menace to the hobby

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It never had a chance because the bag was not properly sealed. He tied a knot at the top that I was able to undo with my fingers. Now he won't even return my calls or text messages. He is a scam artist.

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He requested family and friends so I unfortunately accommodated. I have bought tons of corals on here that way and never had a problem before. We had communication for weeks prior to purchase and I thought he was just another kul fellow reefer. It's a tuff lesson to learn

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the end of the days ladies and gentleman....I posted this thread as both a lesson for everyone at my expense, and I hope that nobody else would get burned by this person

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was the biggest price I ever paid for a coral and I never imagined I would EVER pay that much for a coral when I got into the hobby. I got a little addicted to doing the high end thing and I stretched on this 1 piece and I paid for it. Sucks to be me right now is all. I didn't miss my rent or anything over it.

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By and large most people on here are just good folk. But scammera should be identified and removed from the forum. If we can't share how and when we are scammed and by whom then it just repeats itself

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I guess protecting other members from getting scammed isn't helpful?? He will just scam others as well

Read the forum feedback rules. The member you made the transaction with can respond if you can get him to but the lynch mob threads aren't happening. Also read the warnings posted in the for sale threads about buying with PayPal as a gift. Sorry this happened but protections are in place for situations like this and if everyone followed them there would be no need for threads like this ever.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By and large most people on here are just good folk. But scammera should be identified and removed from the forum. If we can't share how and when we are scammed and by whom then it just repeats itself

You have shared it and it's in public view for everyone to see

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back