Jaw fish and sand sifting goby compatability

  • Thread starter Thread starter bknapp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
4,643
Reaction score
787
Location
Nashville, Tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a blue dot jaw fish who is well established has two burrows in a 180 and i would like to add a wardii goby, most likely a Tiger Sleeper. Will they coexist?

Thanks for any input
 
I have kept both, but not in the same tank. With the size of your tank, I think you would be OK. I know they would not appreciate the other entering their burrows, but I doubt that would result in damage to either.
 
Last edited:
It can be tricky keeping multiple blennies, gobies, jawfish or a combination of them.

If you do it, only thing I recommend is provide ample hiding spaces and a have a tank cover installed in case aggression leads to jumping.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new