JBJ 20G Spray Bar

ballz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone modded the spray bar to be higher to allow for a deeper sand bed?

OP
OP
B

ballz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was able to find some horrible colored 1/2 piping and 90 elbows. I will be painting it black with Krylon Fusion.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should start a build thread so we can see you tank

NDDELALLO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pictures of your tank and the mods you did have the same tank and looking to do a few thanks!

OP
OP
B

ballz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So some people add a bulkhead, I just used the existing spray bar hole and added some 1/2" PVC and 90's

IMG_7869.JPG

I added one more baffle so that I could add a refugium in the back

IMG_7870.JPG

OP
OP
B

ballz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'll update with all my equipment but no... i just use algae and rock for filtration maybe an old as crap nitrate reducer pad

OP
OP
B

ballz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting... Kessil 360we w/ Angel Eyes and APEX LSM Modules w/ 2 Leds for the main and a CPR Small Fuge LED for the huge (Considering using my Radion XR15 instead of the Kessil, but this is doing fine for now)

Heating... 2 Hydor Theo 100w... (Started with a 75W but winter months required 200w to keep the water more stable, once the outside temp would dip down, it would have a hard time heating it back up)

Return... Jebao DC1200 w/ Apex Wavemaker Module (Turning on/off pumps aren't good so I got a DC pump so I could set the flow to 0 instead of cutting power off to it, I had pumps where they would turn off and never back on because they locked up... and would require a manual knock to it lol)

Flow... Vortech MP10W QD w/ Apex WXM Module (I swapped my Gyre 130 for the MP10... although the Gyre was, bar none, the best as far as creating flow, it took up too much space, they should micro size it, Ecotech should do the same)

ATO... Tunze Nano w/ 2G Cereal Container (Still looking for a smaller solution)

Skimmer... Eheim Skimmer 350 (Love this thing even though it just skims the surface, but it keeps the water glimmering)

Controller... Apex Gold (Best investment ever, you pay the money for it but IMHO, better than Digital Aquatics and Reef Angel)

Dosing... (I don't have a plan yet... Dosing pumps and Res are too darn large)

Feeder... Apex Feeder (Too big, wish the stand was reversible so it wouldn't stick out so much, I keep bumping into it every time I pass my tank)

Power... CyberPower 1500 + Ice Cap Backup Battery (Backup power is a must)

The tank is pretty much automated, I only have to fill ATO Res every 3 days or so

Last edited:

NDDELALLO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow great tank setup thanks for sharing giving me lots of ideas do u mind me asking where you found your 1/4" pvc

OP
OP
B

ballz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for correcting me.... I got it at Lowes or Home Depot... they were like 2-3 foot pieces and they were an ugly off white color... i think they may sell them on eBay but I never bothered to order any

NDDELALLO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine still pretty new started as just a frag tank for my zoas but decided to add sand and just keep a small frag rack in it for them and place to put new / trade corals from main tank!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back