jbj 28 gallon professional LED

GeoHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying a jbj 28 gallon professional LED cube so I can downsize slowly and get ready to move across the country in a year. This will be my first all-in-one Nano aquarium, and wondered if they were any suggestions or any tips before I make the purchase.

Specifically
Do I really need a skimmer if all I'm going to have are zoas and lps?
Do I need to add more pumps for water flow? I could transfer my mp20 from my 60 gallon if I needed to.
Any other help or suggestions before I make the purchase would be very appreciated.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer, very little aeration in the jbj, so consider it or an airstone. comes with 2 1200 maxi jets on wave maker. Most add a head in back left or back right just for turbulance. MP 20 might me kinda powerful. I dont know what the low setting is.
Keep the back chambers clean, food builds up. I wound up doing all the WC out of the back.
get an led of something for the back chamber fuge are, it actually works pretty well.
The light is VERY bright, be prepared for acclimation, masking tape or something on the new leds.
it really is plug and play.

you may get bored.:)

DustyXB9Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really think you'll NEED a skimmer but if you happen across one for a good deal you can throw it in.
I'm not sure as for added flow but if you were to want more I wouldn't put an mp20 in. Those are a little on the larger side.
Have fun! Keep an eye on your perams. they can change a lot easier in smaller tanks and will have a much larger affect on your corals and livestock.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back