JBJ 28G LED nano

RWCrouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Christmas project for my wife and I. Just ordered it today. Will try to post here every 1 to 2 weeks with updates. I know everyone is talking about whether LED has arrived and can handle a reef, at least on a small scale, so I can be part guniea pig. A word of caution - rather new to corals; have a 150G FOWLR, with the exception of a smattering of ployps, couple anemones, some feather dusters and a few "who knows?" So any failure with the coral might be owner error rather than tank deficiency. Advice to this thread as we move along will be very appreciated.

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GL! Sounds like a nice build. As for LED's, yes they can support and grow corals just as fine as halides. The only thing is they are really powerful and can bleach/brown out corals if your not careful. They also have not been on reef tanks long enough to know the long term affects. They weren't really tested on tanks either, people just threw um on.

OP
OP
R

RWCrouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cracked Tank

Well, my wife and I decided to treat this as a Christmas gift to each other so opened it Christmas Day, and started assembling the next. The free stand went together easily (less than an hour) but beware, the error in the instructions (or in the part labeling depending on how you want to look at it) as reported by many is still there. The mid-shelf and bottom shelf are swapped. Anyway, then opened the box with the nanocube and...yuk...it was cracked from top to bottom. On Monday, Dec. 27, called Marine Depot where I had purchased it and got a no hassle shipment that day of a new one. Should arrive at my home today.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 53 34.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back