JBJ 45 Rimless review

Austin Wiant

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about purchasing the JBJ 45 but some of the reviews state that their tank has randomly cracked or broke. Is this a normal thing or a rare occurance. How to the overall quality of this tank and what are its worst problems?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard the horror stories, but not more frequently than for other AIO tanks.
Had the 45 jbj for 2 years. My issue was the sump compartment. The dimensions do not lend it self to optimal flow despite pump upgrades

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard the horror stories, but not more frequently than for other AIO tanks.
Had the 45 jbj for 2 years. My issue was the sump compartment. The dimensions do not lend it self to optimal flow despite pump upgrades

I agree, I had one almost a year. While I really disliked the tank, it never cracked or gave me cause for concern.

coral_joe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a JBJ45 for about 10 years and have been very happy with it. One negative I do have is the two thin glass covers for the top are cheap and don't seem like tempered glass so I had a couple new ones made with good/safe glass.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back