JBJ RL45

Evoixjohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian are you running bio pellets in your reactor? If so how much bio pellets?

When I ran bio pellets my softies didn't like it to much

Evoixjohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to run a whole bag of bio plastic from two fishes when I had my JBJ running.

Ohhhh so no more jbj 45? yeah,reason I ask was my softies and euphilias didn't like the bio pellet and almost died. Probably the bio pellets(aquamaxx)were cleaning up to much nutrients from the water

OP
OP
Brian Kim

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run bio pellets in my innovative marine reactor as well running great. My frags are still small so I can't say how they're doing.
I ended up going to a refugium in the stand. In my leftmost basket I have a Tunze overflow. In the next one I have a heater. In the center a marine Pur block ( forgot to take it out before I hooked the return up. In the far right basket I have a intanks media basket with ( from the top) filter floss and poly filter. Middle is Seachem matrix and in the bottom I have purigen. In the next basket I have a innovative marine reactor with bio pellets in it. (The holder doesn't fit on my sump)
The far left basket is also closed off so all the water has to go through the right basket and through the media.
The plumbing is all hard pic piping except for the very last return where it goes over the back of the tank
And back to the original return nozzles.

Here is a picture of my sump ( a very tight fit)

image.jpeg

And here is my current video

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back