JBJ28 Cracked Frame

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the hood off the tank today to do some maintanence and saw this crack in the frame in the front corner of the tank. Anyone else have a similar problem with there JBJ? Also wondering if it could be an issue.

MT. Reefer

Mt.Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two that I use as bookends to my desk. One I've had for two years and the second for one year. No problems to this point. How old is yours?

OP
OP
redfishbluefish

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the tank three years....and the guy I purchased it from, I was aware of it for maybe two additional years.....so at least five years old. I'm wondering if the original light had anything to do with this......it was the HQI light.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 24g DX version of that tank. Back when I got it, there were issues with the rounded corners cracking. I don't see why you couldn't use a little super glue to prevent that from expanding and be fine. There's no seam there, only the back wall and the bottom so it isn't really structural there. How do the back seams look?

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back