JD’s 180

JDnKY

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2018
Messages
514
Reaction score
1,049
Location
Kentucky
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my build in May of 2018. I know, a little late with the build thread. Anyway,
I started by buying a Marineland reef ready 180 and having my wife help me rip up the carpet in my sitting room off of the master bedroom and we proceeded to way overbuild the stand.

7F60F96D-B6C5-4CAD-95FA-CF2A56829A13.jpeg


21ECBEAC-7BB6-4208-970A-A8215EAEEE70.jpeg


Now for some equipment,

3 - AI Hydra 52 HD’s.
2 24” T5’s (single bulb each)
2 Maxpect Gyre XF 250’s
Trigger systems Sapphire 39 sump
Reef Octopus VarioS 8 return pump. (The sump is in the basement)
Reef Octopus 202s Skimmer
Kessel A80 light for the Refugium section of the sump
2016 Apex Controller
Apex Trident
3 BRS dosing pumps (Alk, Calcium and Acropower)
2 BRS Reactors (Carbon and GFO when needed)
I’m sure there are 50 or more little things I’ve bought (test kits, live rock, dry rock, sand, nets, food, etc...)

Fish I currently have (I lost several in the beginning due to not quarantining, won’t make that mistake again)
Purple tang
Sailfin tang (Red Sea)
Hippo tang
Purple Wrasse
2 Bangai Cardinals
Flame Hawkfish

I’ll be setting up a QT soon so I can get more fish.

Cuttently I have 70+ corals in my tank. It’s a true Mixed Reef.
I’ll be updating this thread with more pictures soon.
 
Looks good. Looking forward to the updated pictures!
 
Here are a few current coral pictures :

9F835376-0478-47B6-BA01-4D61838F9A2A.jpeg

Ultron Favia

EDA0C2F2-6BB9-4FE4-97D4-DC3DB7F10741.jpeg

Goni is just waking up for the day

D77FD245-48E7-4032-AA6A-E3E68D561077.jpeg

Mottled Hammer

AB333150-377B-41C0-8A30-B4378CFC928B.jpeg

Gold Torch is growing and splitting! Yay!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new