JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man! Am I glad to hear from you!

had me worried

Was a good break. After ten years and no vacations with 80 hour weeks. I needed a breather, and focus on some personal projects that had to get done. Nice to get settled back in the old house after eight years away.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with this setup yet. I have a niche between my dining room and living room that is 84x54x32 that would be an awesome see through paludarium. I enjoy building stuff more than the actual hobby, which is odd, I know. Could be a fun and challenging build.

I might end up putting this back on the market for local pickup.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a good break. After ten years and no vacations with 80 hour weeks. I needed a breather, and focus on some personal projects that had to get done. Nice to get settled back in the old house after eight years away.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with this setup yet. I have a niche between my dining room and living room that is 84x54x32 that would be an awesome see through paludarium. I enjoy building stuff more than the actual hobby, which is odd, I know. Could be a fun and challenging build.

I understand loving the build. But, I also love my livestock as well.

We are behind you whatever you decide to do .

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bummer was hoping ou would be back at some point!

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm gonna put this back on the market minus the lights, controller, and a few small items. Send me a pm if your interested.

I just finished a custom 90 gallon vivarium for my niece who is interested in keeping tree frogs. I may do a build thread on it here if there is interest even though its not a reef. Its a short stand with a future booster since she is only 9. Waiting on the doors to arrive now that its built and was able to get final dimensions for the glass.

But this got me primed to do a project I've wanted to do for a long time, and now that I'm permanently back in Phoenix and can enjoy the fruits of the labor I'm going to be embarking on building a 450 gallon vivarium in a niche between two rooms. And if I do a reef in this house then I'd prefer to do a much larger project in the master bedroom in the future.

IMG_2875.jpg

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missed you man!

Glad you are back.

Please post any project you work on. I love your builds.

Since you helped me out 3d printing, I have brought about 5 others into the fold and I now have 5 printers at my house with a spare one just in case. At one point I had 8 but the wife said enough is enough. LOL!

I do manual corrections for printer companies and test filament as well.

I would have given up without your help.

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missed you man!

Glad you are back.

Please post any project you work on. I love your builds.

Since you helped me out 3d printing, I have brought about 5 others into the fold and I now have 5 printers at my house with a spare one just in case. At one point I had 8 but the wife said enough is enough. LOL!

I do manual corrections for printer companies and test filament as well.

I would have given up without your help.
Thats awesome. Printing can be addictive. Its rare there is a day I'm not printing something.

This was a little 1/5 scale project Printed out of Nylon in pieces and glued together.

DSC_3111.JPG

DSC_3116.JPG

I'll start a build thread on the vivarium. I got most of the structure together and ready for epoxy and painting. Its gonna take awhile to complete. So much work to do. Not sure how much I'm gonna get done before I head to Idaho for the summer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back