JD's 300 peninsula

jduong916

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2017
Messages
533
Reaction score
300
Location
Elk Grove
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a custom peninsula from CDA 72"x36"x27" back in June of 2021. Before I got my tank I built my sump, skimmer and mixing station. I'm kind of a DIY guy as you'll see from the photos. I also had to break down a ridiculously placed awning above my front door.

IMG_4736.JPG IMG_5116.JPG IMG_5117.JPG IMG_4836.JPG

I received the tank in early November 2021. I started putting everything together.

IMG_4923.JPG IMG_4934.JPG IMG_4977.JPG IMG_4978.JPG IMG_4979.JPG IMG_5075.JPG IMG_4985.JPG IMG_5085.JPG

I had to wait a while for the lights, so I made a rack and hoped I could make a cantilever without any additional support. This didn't work once I attached the lights, the rack started to flex, so I added a temporary support.

IMG_5485.JPG IMG_5481.JPG IMG_5482.JPG IMG_5510.JPG IMG_5521.JPG IMG_5516.JPG

Here are a few pictures of my sump.

IMG_5141.JPG IMG_5330.JPG IMG_5429.JPG

I didn't like the exposed canopy so I decided to cover it, and I decided on a guy wire for support. If I knew I needed the guy wire to begin with I wouldn't have had this huge plate welded to the light rack. You can still see the plate and it is totally unnecessary now that I have the guy wire. I still need to add 4 tunze 6255s, but Tunze is way behind on orders. So here is the semi finished product.

IMG_5677.JPG
IMG_5678.JPG
 
Last edited:
Impressive! Is the canopy hinged or did you leave enough space to get your head and shoulders in there for maintenance?
 
Very nice peninsula build. I am in love with the peninsula style tank and am in the process of building one myself. Did you install a closed loop or are you going to place power heads on both the side walls to get proper flow?
 
Very nice peninsula build. I am in love with the peninsula style tank and am in the process of building one myself. Did you install a closed loop or are you going to place power heads on both the side walls to get proper flow?
I'm going to add 4 Tunze 6255s to the overflow wall. Hopefully I get enough flow. I think it'll work out.
 
has it been 4 years yet?? hahaaa! would love to see an update. awesome build. 🐟
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new