Jebao Cross Sine 120 stuck in lock mode

mossanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.... I just got the 120 and tried to set it up for WIFI and it basically failed. I was able to connect to it's WIFI but it doesn't give me any control and now it's locked at W1 and full speed. Any ideas here? I've tried unplugging several times and connecting and reconnecting to WIFI but nothing works.

OP
OP
mossanimal

mossanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you held the wifi/lock button?
definitely. The first thing I tried. I've since learned that if I put it in slave mode it unlocks it. But why? I wonder if it's trying to link up with my other two Jebao bluetooth wave makers (different model). Those two are linked in slave/master.

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be my guess and just making sure you didn't overlook it lol. I've looked for my glasses for hours when they were on my head so no disrespect haha.
Yeah the slave/ master modes on those controllers are the same for all models from what I've noticed so I'd guess since it was in slave mode it was locked out and paired with the other ones

OP
OP
mossanimal

mossanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be my guess and just making sure you didn't overlook it lol. I've looked for my glasses for hours when they were on my head so no disrespect haha.
Yeah the slave/ master modes on those controllers are the same for all models from what I've noticed so I'd guess since it was in slave mode it was locked out and paired with the other ones
I guess it doesn’t matter as long as the master is on Else. I wonder if there is a benefit to making the gyre the master??

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it doesn’t matter as long as the master is on Else. I wonder if there is a benefit to making the gyre the master??
Only benefit I know of is if it's in the same tank, you can get them to do the same thing at the same time or opposites. But I believe it's all the same stuff in the controller as far as going gyre to the slw or vice versa. Setting one as master and the other to slave, you only have to adjust the master and the slave will just use the same program as the master. Other than that I don't think there's anything else to it

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 168 73.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back