Jebao SLW-5 review(Too Loud!)

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had this powerhead for about 2 weeks now and I think I will forever hear the RRrrRRRrrrrRrrRRR of the engine randomly changing speeds. I have no experience with actually growing corals yet but I can tell you, this powerhead isn't gonna work out unless youre deaf. I read that it would go away over time but im normally trying to figure out why it seems louder. It is about to be my new salt mixing powerhead.

Something I am learning in this hobby is cheaper options aren't cheaper because I always end up replacing them for what I should have got. I also purchased a media basket on Etsy and have been fighting to get consistent water levels in the back and just glued some things to it to try to make it work better. Should have just got the Intank.. I bought cheap LED Bars from 21LEDUSA and they provide the PAR but the shimmer they create is completely unbearable so soon will be upgrading them.

Just buy the good one if you can it will make your life easier.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
InTank literally makes a night and day difference in your AIO sump. Not cheap, but very effective. I have a pair of Red Sea ReefWave45s in my tank and they're completely silent (even when running at 80-100%), so yes - if you're looking for an ultra-quiet tank, you generally need to spend more on better wavemakers.

reefbandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the Jebao you can occasionally get a noisy one. I've noticed some times the small ones are noiser than the larger ones. I have had noisy expensive pumps before too. Its all a crap shoot. If you bought it off Amazon just send it back for a refund.

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some jebao pumps are actually quite good for their price! I have a 20000L/h and it’s crazy strong and doesn’t really slow down all that much compared to some of the more expensive ones out there.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back