Jeff's 150 Build - The Salt Box

One thing I saw and did myself when I first started my tank, was to use a hack saw and cut a flat spot on my rock for some stability without having to peg or mount tile bases.

With a little two part epoxy putty you can use the cut pieces to make some creative shapes.

Doing to same with these three new pieces of dry rock, and ready to cycle it now.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1439510510.170995.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1439510563.383375.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1439510838.851343.jpg
 
My refugium. The time lapse helps draw attention to what otherwise is barely perceptible. I wish I could get even a portion of this copepod life in my display. Thinking about starting to dose live phytoplankton...
 
Last edited:
Just went through all 18 pages... Awesome set up and I have to commend your patience. The tank looks great because of it
 
There's been cool nights here in Tennessee the last two or three nights. Having the windows open has been nice. My pH has come from 8.0 to 8.3! Happy about that.
 
Great update Jeff, reef is looking good my friend..... nothing like a little time to let them mature a bit. I'm almost to the point of FINALLY starting my new tank build, been a crazy busy Summer for me but "Reefing Season" is almost upon us out here.

Cheers, Todd
 
While feed this blasto wellsi I noticed some small polyps under the outer lip. Is it having babies, or might this be a pest? Pic stinks, but....

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1443147018.845946.jpg
 
A teeny tiny battle has developed...
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444237351.126052.jpg

Looks like the setosa is going to lose out to what might be a tri-color.
 
I'm really wanting to add an angler to my refugium. Any advice?

It seems to me to be a perfect refugium candidate - won't disrupt much going on there in terms of macro's or fauna. It's just over 25g of space just for the one fish.

I really like the red angler.
 
Great job! Tank looks awesome!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new