JF 12TH ANNIVERSARY LIVE SALE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Looking into them now and man do they need a cool tank. They're recommending 70-74. I keep the house at 73-75. Hhhmmmm. I wonder if the captive bred ones are hardier?
I have read a bit about them, some can handle temps up to 85. I think it's species specific, but I'm sure captive bred would be hardier.

Less flow, less pumps, macro algae means lower light. Heat added by equipment should be less too

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
codybot banner.png

This is the last round of the evening. The game will resume at 1pm ET tomorrow.

5.jpg

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have read a bit about them, some can handle temps up to 85. I think it's species specific, but I'm sure captive bred would be hardier.

Less flow, less pumps, macro algae means lower light. Heat added by equipment should be less too
Yeah but this would be an AIO so a small return pump and maybe a little nano skimmer. I don't think it would get hot so much from the equipment. Interesting. Something to think about, for sure. My LFS usually has them but I didn't see them last week when I went. Then again, he just reopened after being closed for nine months after his store caught fire and burned a lot. Maybe he's working back towards the seahorses.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wanted to choke every single person I met in Phoenix that said that. I grew up in humidity and need it or I get dehydrated very fast. I was chugging water while I was there and still had to sit down a few times just to refocus. I don't know what it is but I'm well adjusted to living in humidity and can't tolerate dry places very well.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yeah but this would be an AIO so a small return pump and maybe a little nano skimmer. I don't think it would get hot so much from the equipment. Interesting. Something to think about, for sure. My LFS usually has them but I didn't see them last week when I went. Then again, he just reopened after being closed for nine months after his store caught fire and burned a lot. Maybe he's working back towards the seahorses.
If you stock it with macro algae you wouldn't need a skimmer would you? So a return pump with an rfg should be enough.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wanted to choke every single person I met in Phoenix that said that. I grew up in humidity and need it or I get dehydrated very fast. I was chugging water while I was there and still had to sit down a few times just to refocus. I don't know what it is but I'm well adjusted to living in humidity and can't tolerate dry places very well.
We keep it dry so Washington and California stay away.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
man skin GIF

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So all I have to do is move my dehumidifier outside to make the Californians go home?! I see more California plates than Louisiana plates these days.

tex.jpg
I’m sorry our state is running folks out of here and into your neighborhood. They have a plan to ruin the nation by spreading modern ideas across the :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :dizzy-face:

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m sorry our state is running folks out of here and into your neighborhood. They have a plan to ruin the nation by spreading modern ideas across the :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :dizzy-face:
It’s mostly just about keeping Texas as Texas. We have a nice mix of all kinds of folks and everyone is welcome, but we are also proud of our being Texans and all the good and bad that comes with it. Just a little in group/out group fighting. Plus, stop driving up housing costs, ya jerks!!! Haha

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
codybot banner.png

GAME REMINDER
HANGMAN

title gif.gif

Let's start off with a word puzzle! For this game, I will post a reefing related word every hour, on the hour. However, some of the words are missing. The first person to fill them in gets a point. After ten rounds, the person with the most points wins a $30 GIFT CARD!!!

In the event of a tie, the person that scored first wins. Good luck!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 57 42.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.9%
Back