JF Bloodshot finally opens up

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news today. As soon as I got back from work, I checked my DT and guess what I saw?

My JF Bloodshot finally opened up.

I received my 2nd coral shipment from Planet Zoa (Labor Day Hundo pack) on 9/19. Included in the package was 3 polyp Space Monsters, 5 polyp Speckled Fire & Ice, 3 polyp Dark Phoenix and 7 polyp Shizznit. I also added 1 JF Bloodshot and PZ Berry Sweet frag.

All the frags were still on the frag plug, but the protective medicine cup surrounding the frags fell off except for the Speckled F&I and Dark Phoenix.

After I acclimated all the frags and placed them into my DT, after a few hours only the Speckled F&I and Dark Phoenix opened up. Eventually after 48 hours the rest began to open up except the JF Bloodshot.

Of course I was concerned, so I moved it to the left side of my DT on Saturday night to get a little more flow. After 1.5 days, the larger polyp opened up. Luckily, there is baby polyp growing from the side and hopefully will begin to grow out.

Today is a GREAT day, but the frag is not in the clear yet.

This is a weak side shot. I will wait a few more days for the polyp to settle in and then I can try a top down shot, but for now, I don't want to touch the frag plug at all.

JF Bloodshot.jpg

Last edited:

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! Those are touchy little buggers. Light intensity doesnt seem to matter as much as flow with that morph.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news today. As soon as I got back from work, I checked my DT and guess what I saw?

My JF Bloodshot finally opened up.

I received my 2nd coral shipment from Planet Zoa (Labor Day Hundo pack) on 9/19. Included in the package was 3 polyp Space Monsters, 5 polyp Speckled Fire & Ice, 3 polyp Dark Phoenix and 7 polyp Shizznit. I also added 1 JF Bloodshot and PZ Berry Sweet frag.

All the frags were still on the frag plug, but the protective medicine cup surrounding the frags fell off except for the Speckled F&I and Dark Phoenix.

After I acclimated all the frags and placed them into my DT, after a few hours only the Speckled F&I and Dark Phoenix opened up. Eventually after 48 hours the rest began to open up except the JF Bloodshot.

Of course I was concerned, so I moved it to the left side of my DT on Saturday night to get a little more flow. After 1.5 days, the larger polyp opened up. Luckily, there is baby polyp growing from the side and hopefully will begin to grow out.

Today is a GREAT day, but the frag is not in the clear yet.

This is a weak side shot. I will wait a few more days for the polyp to settle in and then I can try a top down shot, but for now, I don't want to touch the frag plug at all.

JF Bloodshot.jpg

I see red shroom... jaw breaker?

And congrats on the bloodshot finally opening up! I was talking to Alvin about your bloodshot the other day.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! Those are touchy little buggers. Light intensity doesnt seem to matter as much as flow with that morph.

Any tips on how to keep them happy? I know most of us aren't willing to commit to their price tag because of their reputation.

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure of others placement of bloodshots, but i have mine under pretty high light and flow. they seem to be happiest there.

OP
OP
Wesley42079

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure of others placement of bloodshots, but i have mine under pretty high light and flow. they seem to be happiest there.

Maybe that's why they started opening up. On the right side of my tank, there is low flow and not that much light.

On the left side of my tank, it's close to my mp10 and gets a lot more light from the Kessil's.

Hard to compare the two. I dont really have trouble with mauls so long as they are in partial shade.

When my Darth Mauls were on the right side, they were very happy. The only reason why I shifted alot of the zoa's to the left is to clear up the detritus build up.

Now that it's on the left hand side of the tank which has more flow and a lot of light, the polyp wasn't happy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back