J

Jason Jordan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to think what I’ve changed lately
I’ve lowered the white/uv lights on the hydras by quite a bit. And the last batch of food is frozen cubes from petco versus the typical rods from LFS. But that’s it.
My newest fish has been in there at least a few months now. All other fish look just fine from what I can tell but came home today to another yellow tang stuck to the fan.
That makes 2 yellow tangs. A red squirrel and a wrasse

OP
OP
J

Jason Jordan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4b20a541ac3eab5e3f803627c80e3d60.jpg

SPA50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mate, I just picked up my waterbox 130.4. Have you changed anything or modifed your sump? Have you got a refugium?

OP
OP
J

Jason Jordan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mate, I just picked up my waterbox 130.4. Have you changed anything or modifed your sump? Have you got a refugium?

No I haven’t really added anything special. Mounted the doser like a bookshelf and the fuge is one of those external canisters.
You’ll like the waterbox though it’s a nice clean easy to set up tank! Very happy so far

OP
OP
J

Jason Jordan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you glue the plumbing together? I have seen instructions to just dry fit and was curious what route you took.

Actually dry fit this time and so far no issues. I normally glue it but It I wanted to give an easy option to change it around in case I decided to reuse my older trigger sump for the fuge option.

OP
OP
J

Jason Jordan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually dry fit this time and so far no issues. I normally glue it but It I wanted to give an easy option to change it around in case I decided to reuse my older trigger sump for the fuge option.

Have yo started your yet?

Adashek1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about getting the 130.4 or the Red Sea 425 but am stumped on which one to get !!!

Adashek1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I’m a new member here. I’ve had plenty of reef tanks before but am getting back into it since I’m done with College... couldn’t stay away. But anyways im thinking about either the water box 130.4 or Red Sea 425... reasons for me wanting to go Red Sea is because their a great company with proven track record. Uncompromised quality, better sumpdesign for no overflowing mess... I’ve also heard that the water box tanks don’t look as good... as in the seams aren’t perfect and such. And heard that the stand sucks and can get super hot, hinges rusting, etc. I’ve akso heard of Red Sea having problems though. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to do? The waterbox is actually more expensive but price isn’t an issue here. I have a pandora s 48” fixture with 3 145 watt led clusters and 8 54 watt t5s, so I got more than enough lighting for both systems. Will probably be running it on 60% max...

Bucx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please can you tell me how the Chaeto mod is working for you. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back