Waterbox Plumbing

boyer.michael.s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I purchased a spare display tank for the Waterbox Marine X 110.4 and then ended up purchasing a spare stand and sump as well later on. The original plan was to just swap out the display tanks as there are scratches on my glass but I decided it would be easier to just setup the other tank as a whole and move things over to the new tank after things cycle.

With that said, because I bought the parts all separately, it did not come with the plumbing kit. I am quickly learning that sourcing plumbing parts for the Waterbox is nearly impossible thus far due to the holes in the overflow not being standard and also close together. I have talked to Waterbox about buying a plumbing kit multiple times months apart and they seem to not offer any plumbing kits. So basically right now I have purchased all the parts of a new tank from them without the essential plumbing.

Has anyone had success plumbing a Waterbox Aquarium with non original Waterbox plumbing parts? Specifically a Marine X 110.4. Without the plumbing kit I guess I essentially bought a non functional aquarium. Lessoned learn for future purchases but for now I am trying to correct the issue myself. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Correct. I have the 125.4 and have ordered the parts in mm. The manifold however, is 1/2 inch. So the WBs are a mix of English and Metric.
Which ones did you end up with? Please advise as i'm trying to setup a WB6025 and ran onto the same problem.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still need plumbing help? My waterbox had the plumbing but I made the sump remote so I had to convert from Metric to Standard.

I bought the conversion pieces from Coralvue. Very affordable.

Alternatively you can convert all plumbing to standard.

Build Thread

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you still need plumbing help? My waterbox had the plumbing but I made the sump remote so I had to convert from Metric to Standard.

I bought the conversion pieces from Coralvue. Very affordable.

Alternatively you can convert all plumbing to standard.

Build Thread
I need all the help i could get! LOL

gbpacman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 2nd hand Wb 110.4 with no plumbing and ended up plumbing it myself. 2 - 3/4 inch bulkheads for the drains and 1- 1/2 inch for the return with a 3/4 inch gate valve and the main drain and a 3/4 inch ball valve on the secondary drain. No issues and been up and running for about a year.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back