JNS ConeS CO-1 loud...

Darklude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, newbie here that decided to jump in the saltwater aquarium so bare with me if my question sounds stupid :)

I've purchased a used Reefer 250 that came with a JNS ConeS CO-1 as the protein skimmer. Not sure if something is not setup correctly or not, but the "water return" is loud since the output is above the water level in the sump (it's the v1 sump version of Reefer 250 and the ATO reservoir is not there anymore). Since the aquarium is installed in the leaving room, I've always have the "waterfall sound" and it's starting to be annoying ;)

Is there a trick to silence this or should I look for another protein skimmer? I've not idea if the JNS ConeS CO-1 is a good protein skimmer or not but it came with the aquarium, should I look for an alternative?

Thx for your help!

OP
OP
D

Darklude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I thought about modifying the "water return pipe" but the way this skimmer is built it's not really feasible. Anyway I found an RSK-600 yesterday. I know it's overkill for my tank, but for the price I paid, it was a no brainer ;)

Thx for your help!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back