Joe's Glass Box Reef

nanoguyben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you, would the brackets on the aquamaxx hf-m have enough space to fit over a rimmed 40 gallon aquarium? Or is this setup geared more towards a rimless tank? Thanks.

GregC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the aquamaxx filter? How would you rate the skimmer? Love the look of your set up

GregC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the aquamaxx hob filter? How would you rate the skimmer? Love your set up. Tank looks really nice

GregC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like and rate the hmf filter so far? I'm thinking of getting one for my 36 bowfront.

GregC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like and rate the hmf filter? I'm thinking of getting one for my 36 bowfront.

JMann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like and rate the hmf filter? I'm thinking of getting one for my 36 bowfront.
Question for you, would the brackets on the aquamaxx hf-m have enough space to fit over a rimmed 40 gallon aquarium? Or is this setup geared more towards a rimless tank? Thanks.

Hey man, I got one of these and put it on a 40 breeder. The fit is not ideal because the rim is a little too thick. I had to get creative and screw it into the rim a little bit. Not in love with that but I had to make it work and after a month or so it’s held solidly in place.

JMann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I really like this piece of equipment. For someone who doesn’t have a aio tank or a sump this is the best option around imo. It’s skimming effectively, has plenty of space for media or other things, and I actually think it looks pretty sharp.

Marine430

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the aquamaxx hob working out for you? Any pros and cons? Also do you have any updated photos?

Heckel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking at getting this filter for a 40g and was wondering how its been working for you , or if i should go after the aquaclear with the intank media basket

Jen1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same HOB that I am about to set up. Did you ever add the 2nd reactor that they claim will fit in the 3rd compartment? If so, can a heater still fit in also? This is my concern as my tank grows and I need reactors for GFO and Carbon

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back