OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s so awesome! I just so happened to get a nano started yesterday also!

Your photo dump is so beautiful, great work!!!! Your the first I’ve seen with Live Photos in a post, that’s so cool!
Thanks! And welcome to the office! You can't see it, but behind the desk on the floor is another nano, my "landing pad" tank for new fish that are sensitive to shipping stress. Might convert to a QT tank and try my hand at it.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! And welcome to the office! You can't see it, but behind the desk on the floor is another nano, my "landing pad" tank for new fish that are sensitive to shipping stress. Might convert to a QT tank and try my hand at it.
QT's are super easy... best not to waste a nano on them. Two 10g's. Change one out every 3 days. Clean, spray the other down with bleach solution let dry. Do your copper/Prazi then observation. If you are doing a nano and have to medicate, the copper or other medications may be absorbed by the silicone.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT's are super easy... best not to waste a nano on them. Two 10g's. Change one out every 3 days. Clean, spray the other down with bleach solution let dry. Do your copper/Prazi then observation. If you are doing a nano and have to medicate, the copper or other medications may be absorbed by the silicone.
I'll need to do it with sand, and better if it has natural decor like live rock, so probably some throwaways. I imagine the copper gets well absorbed in the substrate and rocks, so not useful for repeat QTs. I have an Evo just sitting in the office half full with water and 2in sand/some rocks. Maybe I'll use that.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll need to do it with sand, and better if it has natural decor like live rock, so probably some throwaways. I imagine the copper gets well absorbed in the substrate and rocks, so not useful for repeat QTs. I have an Evo just sitting in the office half full with water and 2in sand/some rocks. Maybe I'll use that.
If you are doing wrasses.. a bowl of sand would work.

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. My rainbow has faded in the eyes a little. I recently moved it and it looked like the shaded eye was brighter. Am I giving it to much light? It's pretty low in the tank.

My LFS has their space invader down on the sand bed. They are running Neptune Sky fixtures.

20231117_141908.jpg

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spotlight Fuego the exquisite firefish! Hides in his cave most of the time, except for feeding, and is generally bossed by Mrs. Clownfish. Loves TDO pellets and long swims near the beach.

1707510017107.jpeg

1707510084731.jpeg

Interesting side-shot during baby brine shrimp feeding time. Fuego sneaking out of his cave while the clowns are distracted.
1707510174790.jpeg

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is some impressive growth! Is that a forest fire digi?
The green/red one on the left was sold to me as a "peach digi" by a local. Clearly he picked up the wrong frag. I think it is a grafted digi. The one on the right is a regular bubble gum digi.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, that was like 6 days ago. What do you feed this tank man :face-with-monocle:
Couldn't really say! I'm sure they pick up some of the ROE that is my fish staple. I think ROE might be about the best food you can put in your tank. Could also be the spirulina fed baby brine shrimp, pac pods, phyto or maybe bacteria from the Fiji mud. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ AFR has got to be a big factor. Otherwise overstocked fish that are fed 5-6x/day pooping nonstop. I'll take it!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today has been a weird day. Came in and the first thing I see is the pitho crab lying on its back.
1707766442050.jpeg

I was sure it died, but then saw it moving its little arms around a bit. So I stopped the flow and put a small piece of nori in front of it, and it perked up. I also helped it onto its front. It started eating.
Poor guy has got GHA and bubble algae growing on its head!
1707766527461.jpeg

I figure he's hitting max age span for a pitho and just slowing down. Can't seem to bury itself anymore. But still alive, and since it's my little buddy, I'll try to give it some awesome last meals. For dinner today: a whole piece of krill!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In happier news, the porcelain isn't slowing down at all.
1707768928990.jpeg

And the new lobo is looking mighty fine.
1707768951040.jpeg

The scoly is not looking so fine, though. I am going to relocate it today because it's never been super happy where it is. Not sure what the best remedy is for a split like that.
1707768995625.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He's like half my friends. They no longer shave anymore. Just buy him a metallica tshirt with a hole in the armpit and be done with it.
And a second hole just above and left of the. Elly button.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 110 43.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 122 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.1%
Back